Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scribble monsters

Ullo!
Some new drawings! Created using a fun technique: just draw a load of random shapes with a marker, flip the paper over, and pull out creatures from those shapes. It's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and you'll find yourself creating stuff you would never normally pull from your head. So here are 2 of them (with more to come!):

Armoured underwater creature:




The bubbler:




And a speedpaint I did today (featuring K Naut):




I finally started Mass Effect 2 - Donut Shepard is back in action!! I'll try get a photo so you can see the gorgeous man in action ;)
Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. cool idea to do scribbles first and then 'scry' from that to create an image.
    The first one reminded me of my brothers style of art(a series he calls 'the annoys' and 'snaliens')

    cheers!
    joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe! Yeah well I still love your 1 hour monsters :D
    Hahah snaliens, nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. me likey, still think k-naut deserves his own XBL game....NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanky! Hahah I would love to work on that, with a huge boss at the end of every level :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are cool - i like the last one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Aidan! Hah it's always the one you spent the least time and effort on that turns out the fave ;D

    ReplyDelete